View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
stu_tfl OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Olympia GT Air All Seasons Transition Jacket first Impressions

Olympia GT Air All Seasons Transition Jacket first Impressions

Lochlyn Deckard asked for my impressions on this jacket in another thread.

Link to Olympia page:
http://www.olympiamotosports.com/gt_air/gt_air.htm

I’ve had this jacket for about 3 weeks now. I was actually looking at the Bushwhacker and AST length jackets but after trying this one on, and with Spring/Summer on it’s way, I figured this may be the way to go for now and I’ll pick up a winter length jacket later in the year.

Pictures……

Front of jacket with right side flap un-zipped and un-Velcro’d. There is also a zippered vent on each front flap that you can open if you don’t want/need the whole flap open. Waterproof and Insulating liner removed.

Right side flap open.

Right side flap tucked away

Left Side: Inside Pocket and Cell phone pocket (not wide enough for a blackberry)
Right Sleeve: Zippered Vent open, and a Velcro strap to tighten sleeve to arm
Right Side: Adjustable strap (press stud) to tighten jacket around chest and a Velcro strap on both right and left side to adjust to your waist.

Back of Jacket, both Vent flaps closed. Better view of Velcro strap adjustment on each sleeve.

Back Right side Vent open and tucked away

Waterproof liner/Jacket with Insulating jacket zipped in.

Inside of insulating liner

Inside of waterproof liner/jacket (insulating liner removed)

Outside view of Insulating liner (you won't be wearing this to the disco)

Insulating liner zipped to Waterproof jacket. Press stud at the top on both sides. The zipper in the front of the picture is for zipping into the Jackets outer shell.

Waterproof liner sleeve rolled back to show the loop and Velcro retention strip to hold the insulating liner sleeve in place, one on each sleeve and one at the neck line.

Overall I’m very happy with the jacket so far. I’ve not had either the Waterproof jacket or insulating liner in the jacket except for the ride back from the store. It’s been warm enough for me around here, even in the mornings, that I’ve not needed either.
I like the neon yellow, it’s not totally obnoxious, but there is enough of it that it should get you noticed.
Only one small issue, that really isn’t worth mentioning….the front flaps when tucked away do not seem to lay flat in the pocket. It’s probably to do with the zipper on either side of the flap finishing at a different position. Either that or I just need to spend a little more time tucking them away.

Stu.

Jasper Carrott - 1975

stu_tfl screwed with this post 04-24-2008 at 12:33 AM
stu_tfl is offline   Reply With Quote