View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #1236
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Most of us carry a tire plugging kit because who wants to get a tow to a dealer to get a tire plugged, if you can do it yourself. Unfortunately, because there is no way to bypass the immobilizer, if the antenna fails, carrying a spare makes sense because it will take less than 3 minutes to get the bike started again.

I'm riding heading south next month and out west in the summer and I'd hate to be stuck because of it.. and with my usual good luck, the failure were it to occur, it would be on a Saturday afternoon in an area where dealers are closed on Monday, so I'd be stuck till at least Tuesday. I think I got my spare one for $115. It's a lot cheaper than a tow or a motel room.
Interesting reply in that somehow I had you in the category of the percentages are truly in the owners' favor against this ever happening'. I guess, like I said, it's like vacation insurance and 100+ bucks postured against the long trip, a bargain. Would we all like this issue to NOT EXIST, amen! But, then there's the real world.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote