View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
Kestrel
Gear Driven Cams!!

Oddometer: 181
Thank you very much for posting this review... I'm located in the Atlanta area and have been trying to find a replacement jacket for my Cortech Magnum Air which has saved my skin in a couple of accidents. It seems like Cortech has stopped producing it though so I've been trying to find a replacement.

I'd originally looked at the AST but I'm not sure how that'd fair in the hot Atlanta summers - the GT Transitions looks similar but the zip out pannels on the front and back would probably make it MUCH better when the temperatures climb into the 90s. Have you compared it to the AST in person? It looks as if the AST uses a little more of the higher grade cordura around the shoulder and elbow areas - I'm not sure I like how many seams there are around those areas in the GT Air jacket in comparison.

More feedback would definitely be appreciated. I need to make a purchase fairly quickly and if this doesn't pan out, I may just try to find another set of perfed leathers instead.... that or risk the AST over the summer with some sort of cooling vest.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote