View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #168
stickfigure OP
Fiendish Fluoridator

Oddometer: 517
One Night In Zacatecas

Zacatecas gets a lot of tourism from elsewhere in Mexico, and the Hostel Villa Colonial is *the* hotspot. One weekend thirteen foreign-exchange students studying in Guanajuato came to visit Zacatecas. Here are some shots from one stupidly-fun night on the town.

We started out on the roof terrace of the hostel, where beer is 9 pesos - cheapest in Mexico:

Then we went to Las Quince Letras, a cantina that's been around since 1906:

At this point our sobriety is beginning to become questionable. The middle two are Raul and his friend, Zacatecanos who adopted us at the hostel. I can't reiterate enough how awesome the Hostel Villa Colonial is... we made a lot of new friends.

From there we went to the silliest bar in Zacatecas, full of kitchy decor and luche libre paraphernalia. They even have a faux-wrestling-ring where live bands play. I love this place.

Salsa dancing:

At this point sobriety is only a fleeting memory...

What do drunk people do? They sing karaoke, of course! Sadly, the bar closed just as we arrived...

At 3am we drove up to La Bufa to get some night shots:

The final group photo... yes we are dorks!

Raul is a semiprofessional photographer - check out his flickr photos from the evening. They aren't organized so you might have to click to the beginning of his photostream depending on whether or not he has upload more pics since this post.

stickfigure screwed with this post 04-24-2008 at 03:23 PM
stickfigure is offline   Reply With Quote