View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #1294
NBeener
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar
I have maintained, of course in an unofficial capacity that it might be something else, but the illogical logic is that BMW engineers are: 1. Not stupid 2. Not incompetent 3. They wish to solve this problem. Take that to the final conclusion and one can somewhat deduce...no one knows what's causing it OR it would have been fixed by now!
Can't argue with that, but ... it makes one wonder: IF they had determined that it was the ring, then one might HOPE they analyzed the failed rings and found [wait for it] an actual problem that supported that theory.

If they didn't ... but, rather were poking around in the dark ... maybe they're not as smart as we think ... OR ... their desire NOT to elevate the profile of this thing is hampering their efforts at resolving it.

Some random code generator that's tied to the same algorithms as the key (like many companies issue to employees for off-site log-in to their servers) seems a lot more likely (to me) to glitch every 100,000th (or whatever) time than the passive antenna ring.

I'm not saying this should be simple, but I'm starting to think that their unwillingness to tackle this thing in a stark, honest manner may be hindering their ability to fix it in a timely fashion.

F'rinstance: what if they took the BIKE back from half a dozen people with EWS failures and flew a couple engineers out to evaluate the applicable systems from stem to stern, using all their code readers, logic analyzers, and other widgets to try to find the faults.

[Do we have ANY information that they've actually done this ... even from owners within, say, 100 miles of their US offices?]

I may just ping BMWNA ... for shits and giggles ... to see if they have anything new to add....
NBeener is offline   Reply With Quote