View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #1324
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,687

From a 1200GS Technical Training manual.

Immobilizer code data structure.
The codes used during the handshake are generated from an Immobilizer Rolling Code table assigned to the VIN at the time of manufacturing. The BMS-K and corresponding ignition keys are encoded with this unique data making them an electronically mated pair for one particular motorcycle. The code table provides the codes for each key and a source for BMS-K to check the generated code for each key. Of the three [transponder] keys supplied with a new motorcycle, each one is uniquely identified (key #, ie: 1, 2, or 3). Each key additionally then has a unique immobilizer code.

During the key on sequence, the BMS-K first identifies the key sending the code data and then confirms the transmitted immobilizer code for that key. There is the possibility of a maximum of ten keys per system possible. However they must be ordered specifically by the VIN, and activated with the GT1.

Comes with three keys. How many people received their three keys?

Someone posted this a while back: Honda immobilizers, and I think Harley Davidson and Ducati too, can be manually switched off with some code combination of switch presses, of the turn signals or brake lever for instance. Each bike having a different code based on the VIN.

Switching off the immobilizer manually with a code based on the vehicle VIN also complies with the DOT immobilizer regulations of passive arming.

The factory race bikes run the EWS antenna part for PR, and part to avoid having to take the time to perform the manual switch off when the motor stalls during a race.

- - - - - -

Hay BMW, you know your Siemens ECU with immobilizer can be switched off manually. There is a process to do that in the ECU software, and you are not letting owners know about it.

You will have that process changed in a future ECU software upgrade. Then you will tell us you just added the 'new feature'.

I see you, you ain't hiding. I've always seen you.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote