View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #1343
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Forget the LT.. I'd get a Gold Wing.. The LT has fully integral servo brakes (you can't apply just the rear brake), and the old style FD.. and it feels so underpowered compared to the new K1200 transverse engine.. You've given bmw enough money, if you're looking to get a luxo couch, I'd go with the GL1800. But your K1200GT is plenty capable of long distance touring in comfort.. just test the spare ring this time..

It's my "dream bike" (the GL1800)

I have an '07 GT Rick, and you are right. I had an '04 LT for a while and an '05 LT for a couple of years. It was reliable as hell. But, it is a pig barge. Actually, I went by the Honda dealer to see if they had any info on the new model GW that was supposed to be introduced in Sep. Maybe the Beemers KNEW? I just asked, the DS salespeople didn't even know there was going to be a new model. And yeah, I also did want the cleaner/wax.

But Rick, the GW is the worst bike for making me feel old. I'm no paragon of manhood, but I've managed to stay in shape at 160 lbs and I just don't want to have any stuffed animals on my topcase. But, the new GW looks interesting, but don't know what it looks like, just read some specs.