View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
pdedse OP
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,072
Day 3, Sunday April 27

Day 3 of my weekend trip to Tzibanza and Bernal and on my way back to San Miguel de Allende...

Woke up at 7:30 hoping to find a restaurant open this early Sunday morning. Nice central restaurant was just opening up with several sleepy eyed employees getting the kitchen ready. View from where I was sitting, looking at the main Bernal church. Nice garbage truck to add to the ambiance.

Interior of the restaurant. Waiter told me that yesterday was their first day open as a restaurant and that I was the first ever customer for breakfast!

In honor of me being first, the waiter brought me a nice pan dulce, freshly squeezed OJ, at no charge. Soon he brought out the Chilaquiles and they looked like a work of an art.

After finishing breakfast, I headed out for la Pena, one of the largest monoliths in the world. Spent a good four hours hiking up, around and down. Nice views and good to stretch the legs after riding / sitting most of the weekend. Loved the desert smells and sounds.

More shots of my hike...

Scaling the rock...

City of Bernal below...

Sometimes its hard to beat a post card...

Left Bernal after lunch at about 3:00 and made one short stop by a lonely tree in the middle of somewhere, on my way back to San Miguel de Allende

Final shots are of SMA as I arrrive by 5:00 pm. My total mileage was only 270 for the three days, but the idea wasn't really to see how far I could go, but to take in some areas that I normally wouldn't go to if not for the moto. So thanks, Alberto at Motos y Mas and Mariano, owner of the KLR650. The bike ran like a top, and next weekend (May 9-11) I planning on going much deeper into the Sierra Gorda, and hope to do at least one more 3 day trip after next weekend, so stay tuned...

Gracias por acompanarme!

pdedse screwed with this post 11-09-2009 at 09:00 PM
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote