View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
markbvt OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu
Looks like water at the bottom?
Yes -- when Alex bought the silo in the mid-'90s, it was flooded up to Level 2 (you can see the rust-colored water line on the wall). He's pumped most of the water out, but there will always be some in the bottom -- groundwater flows in at an impressive rate. On the lower levels you can see streams of it running down the silo walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
What began as a random bizare idea last year; turned into a great experience, and a wicked party with great folks.
I couldn't agree more. This really was a lot of fun. I can't wait to see everyone else's pics -- I confess that I concentrated on photographing the place more than the events, so I'm looking forward to seeing some social pics.

I also have to bring this up once again because it can't be said often enough: thanks many times over to Alex, who was a truly gracious host. He not only allowed us into his home, he fed us extremely well (filet mignon in a missile silo -- I bet no one ever ate so well there when it was operational!), and he even put up with my snoring!

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote