View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #59
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,928
[quote=paulsra]
i currently use motorex 20-50 the key is the double ester oil its not like a single ester product like the Motorex, personally I wouldn't use the Motorex with the Bergs though I used it for many years on the KTM's with no issues. I believe the higher grade product is much better insurance with the Bergs and this is also the evidence that a couple of Dutch and Swedish Berg rallye teams have found over the last 5-6 years as well, where they have had no engine failures

, i thought that for longer trips like the rallyes your talking about would need a thicker oil than 15-50. do you find the gears mesh smoother on a cold engine with the 15-50? yes, let it warm for a few minutes and hold & release the clutch a couple of times before engaging the gears, most of my rallye riding has been warm-hot temps i find that it wants to jump out from under you upon engaging first on a cold engine.

also, does your radiator fan run for a few minutes after engine has stopped? yes only a couple though

does this put excessive drain on your battery? no, no probs ever

i was thinking about getting one and rewiring it to a switch on the bars.no need the thermostat works fine

SafariBerg screwed with this post 05-14-2008 at 01:14 AM
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote