View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #29
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,252
I got a K7 Wee, and did a short test ride on the new twin650GS (the model naming is really weird and confusing to everyone else but the Germans I guess...)

It actually felt quite good, very flickable almost like a supermoto, and lots of torque. But not as good wind protection as the DL, and as someone mentioned, the seat is far from perfect. The 1-disc front brake worked surprisingly well.

In a test published recently, the Wee and twin650GS made similar top end power, less than 1 hp difference there, but the Beemer has naturally got much more torque low down.

In my country the price difference is about 1000 euros (1000 more for the BMW, both come with ABS). The "real" 800GS is yet 2700 more, not justified in my opinion, but this detuned "fake650" is actually surprisingly cheap over here, and might sell well.

Not changing anytime soon, though, cos I love the Wee, and Im not 100% convinced how the new Beemers will do technically in the long run. Maybe got scared after hearing so many stories about the 1200GS.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote