View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #1656
sspect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
EWS and me.....

This past week in WV:

3 2007 R1200GS motorcycles from MA on a one week trip to ride WV, VA and more based at Snowshoe, WV

2 EWS Failures ( 2 different bikes 2 days apart )

I have a spare which we use on the first bike....the dealer we go to has none in stock for warranty, but comes through with overnight replacement in case we need another....great service at Hammersley in VA.

Second bike...BMW Roadside Assistance....Sorry you are on your own...we don't have anyone in that area under contract. 9 Hours on the side of the road while my buddies ride to get another from the overnight at Hammersley....can't say enough good things about them. Also I met some very helpful people in Richwood,WV. Thank you Four Season's Outfitters.

Yes, I immediately called BMW on North America....I had 9 hours... they were polite and agreed that was unacceptable...I have not heard anything back...THEY PROMISED....the letters will be sent this week!!!

The day got better as I pushed the bike (cooled down by now ) to the gas station next door...in case I got it started... which happened to have a faulty pump nozzle...no notice...which sent a plume of fuel over the bike...they made me pay for the extra gas on the ground and clean up. All the locals knew about it!! We road home through the mountains around 9:30 PM at which I had a close encounter with a large deer....very close...she will be easy to recognize...it says Conti Trail Attack on her left side. I have never been face to face with a live deer before....they have very pretty eyes...I wonder what she thought??. No real harm done...I really love ABS. The hot tub and the bar made everything better at the Inn at Snowshoe.

Back to Hammersley for the third time...6+ hour round trip plus service time.... in three days...for warranty replacement.....nice twisty roads on the way to Lynchburg.

Another motorcycling adventure....all in all it was still a great time.
sspect is offline   Reply With Quote