View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #454
2old2race
I wana ride

Oddometer: 1,114
Thanks Steve for orginizing a great outing (nice to know we're neighbors), thanks John for orginizing dinner and the great dinner you served Friday night and the great breakfast on Saturday morning. Thanks Jeff and Mike for orginizing the Friday and Saturday rides. I want to give a speacial thanks to Mike for enduring almost a hundred miles of dust riding sweep making sure that everyone returned in time for dinner safe, GOOD JOB MIKE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicbushwacker
Well I rode up Sat. am and arrived at 8:30. It was my first ride with the new 08 klr. Truth be told my first day ever riding in the dirt. Rode out with first group which left about 9am. WOW. Not what I expected. I went slow when I should have gone fast and went fast when I should have gone slow. A sandy area, a large rock in the wrong spot, and sharp turn got the best of me. But with lots of help and babysitting from the guys (thanks orangeheart) I made it. The new bike now has some cool battle scars and I got some good stories and pics.
Full throttle ahead.
See ya latter.
You picked a tough one for your VERY FIRST off road M/C experiance. Ride all the way from Long Beach, do almost 100 miles off road (some tough shit too) and then ride all the way back to Long Beach in the same day, my hats off to you bionicbushwaker!!

Bob
'08 KLR650
'07 Tiger 1050 - Gone
'98 XR440 - Getting a frame up rebuild
'89 XR250 - Needs a Lic Plate
2old2race is offline   Reply With Quote