View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
shleppy OP
Shlepdawg on da smoov tip

Oddometer: 607
Big Bear Bash - Part 2

By Noon we were in Apple Valley and ready for lunch. MrMike lead us over to La Fiesta where we all piled inside for some Mexican Food.

Gary and Rob gettin their order on.

From left to right T, John, MIke and Ken grubbin'

fter filling up with tacos and burritos we headed back towards Coxley Rd which would take us back towards Big Bear. Here's a shot of Pablo taking a minute to bow and worship his DR650.

Mr Mike sayin' hola.

A few minutes later I was following Ken and someone (who will remain nameless.... for now.... until I rat him out later ) passed Ken and I like we were standing still. Unfortunatley during this pass a rock was kicked up into the front of Ken's bike creating a very well ventilated front headlight.

We continued back on 3N14 turned left on 3N16 and followed it back to Holcomb Valley. HEre are a couple videos heading back towards Holcomb Valley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSGcUQB2Akg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hNJjgA-mww

We all made it safely back to camp where we found FocalLength trying to work out what was keeping his bike stuck in 3rd Gear. Unfortunatley the source of the issue was not found and FocalLength's weekend of riding came to an end (FYI.. FocalLength went to great lengths to make sure not a drop of oil reached the ground during the open heart surgury on his bike)

The day came to a close with some great conversation and BS'ing around the camp fire. The night was capped off with T bustin' out some freestyle lyrics to the tune of "this land is your land" ..... which may or may not have been induced by a few drinks around the campfire.

2006 F650GS (sold)
2007 DRZ 400s
2009 F650GS

shleppy screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 07:54 AM
shleppy is offline   Reply With Quote