View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #36
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Great thread. Even though I have never adjusted valves before, I decided to adjust the valves on my DR myself rather than pay the dealer. Got the valve adjusting kit from Jesse and with help from a buddy who has adjusted valves before, we got them done two days ago. My DR has 9000 miles on it and all 4 valves were in spec, but on the loose side - intakes were both .005, exhausts were both .009. I would have probably left them alone, but Jesse said to set them to .004 intake and .008 exhaust, and my pal wanted to show me how to set them, so that is what we did. Also changed out the spark plugs and put new EBC brake pads on the front and rear. It was a fun day of wrenching and very satisfying to know that the work was done right.
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote