Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #6
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,520
The last of the Inter-state (almost)

I had another hour+ of hellish droning, vibey, wind buffeted, cold, boring interstate to suck up before I hit the Shenandoah:

Finally:

You pay $10 to get into the park. Speed limit is 35mph. I saw one other vehicle.

A few things were going through my head. LDF's pace had historically been a little slower than mine, so this was my opportunity to wick it up a bit. BUT, I had knobbies, and gear, and a 400cc bike, and I was riding solo, and if I wadded myself or the bike up on the way down I would essentially ruin her vacation.

So, I pushed in moderation. It was a relief to smell the woods, and be off the interstate. This was just another motivation to keep the speed within reason:

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 05-25-2008 at 06:10 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote