View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
maccajim OP
Holding the Awesome

Oddometer: 550
wollomib to Arrowfield Denhman

The road is bitumen now and pretty good opens up into wine country with vineyards everywhere.

Arrowfield Wines is the next stop great winery only the cellar door is open today so no lunch just some sweet show variety shiraz and chardonnay.

inside winery

The booty very cheap and the red is 2005 should go well with some homegrown steak my dad will be very happy

So roll on to Denhman for some petrol, nice town look's like a few good old style pubs with accomodation then roll on to Merriwa. These roads are all tar with very little traffic just the dank scent of loaded B doubles with sheep or cattle stacked in 2 or 4 levels high, u get the rush of air slight wobble as they pass and then the warm manure smell of whatever they are carrying.

From Merriwa now on a nice quiet dirt road to Willow tree and over the Great Dividing Range, lots of cattle grids and cattle on the road you are basically driving through farmers front paddocks

A top road only passed a road crew and an EI (Equine Flu Inspector) in a brand new commodore hammering it on a road more suited to 4wd. You start to climb over the range on a lovely tree lined twisty section then suddenly on the Great Dividing Range and the grat plains farmland in front of you, it also got a lot colder, stunning view though.

Back onto Bitumen and some sweet straight roads begging for it got upto 143km's here with more to go i think maybe, this bike is a bit too high geared for the amount of points left on my licence?

Last turnoff No through Road geting close to home this was almost the roughest section of the trip and back to gravel with some big stutter corrugations i couldn't work out a smooth speed for.

I forgot to post some Roos for the foreigners they are bloody everywhere saw a tonne of roadkill on the way it always cheers me up to see them sitting still in a paddock, bloody unpredictable when running.

Home to parents place good food and a chance to relax

maccajim screwed with this post 05-24-2008 at 02:25 AM
maccajim is offline   Reply With Quote