View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 PM   #14
maccajim OP
Holding the Awesome

Oddometer: 550
Rest day on the farm

Had a rest day today was supposed to go camping at timor but dad said it would probably be in the minus degrees so not a good idea, plus u have to open upto 8 gates with no sidestand no thanks.
here is my bike getting some well earned rest

I thought i would have a put around the farm and things went fairly pear shaped when i let my guard down!!!
I was riding along tracks like this going pretty quick some 3rd gear stuff when the shit hit.
look close at this pic i was in 3rd going pretty hard lining up a creek crossing, can u see the problem?

There is a naked fence wire right in the middle of the pic, it shouldn't have been there as the paddock was empty getting prepped for planting etc so all the gates are open so tractors can come and go. My dad told me at dinner he used this wire to charge the boundary fence to keep neighbours cattle out, so it is also electrified!!it should be a white tape so very visible.
That skid track is my front tyre mark in this pic u can just see the wire, i stopped fell to the left, got up the engine still on smelling petrol with the front tyre sparking on the electric fence wire, fantastic.

I shut off the engine clicked into neutral and suprisingly picked it up instantly with the back rack scared I would get shocked by the fence current, i was amping on adrenalin it was just so quick, lucky the front break is super tight look at that rut!. I walked it off no problems a few scratches on left side tank and that petcock looks very fragile i think i need to armour it up a bit. Ceck out my impact crater next to the front tyre skid mark.

This is the creek crossing i was peparing beforehitting the electric fence geed up.
The reason to go there in the first place

biggest windmill in the district with an awesome view from the top
Worth it for the view

Where's my bloody KTM got To

maccajim screwed with this post 05-24-2008 at 02:33 AM
maccajim is offline   Reply With Quote