View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 01:38 PM   #65
cavebiker
Old School Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Being More Alive

SV, Go Man Go. I said it before & I’ll say it again you’re a huge inspiration to all us wanabe adventures. I think one of the main reasons a lot of us fail to follow through on our adventure plans are all the logistics involved in caring out the plan and the thought of the unknown along the way. By you spelling out your thought pattern in trying to figure out how to get you bike to Vladivostok and the GPS thing you’re laying out a road map for others to follow. Ya it’s difficult and ya it’s scary and ya it probably won’t go as planned but that’s why it’s called an adventure. I remember planning my first big adventure south of the border a couple years ago and all the chills I got up the back of my neck and the gut wrenching feelings I had when thinking about crossing the border solo, finding places to sleep and what would I do if I had bike troubles. So many times during my month of planning I felt like saying F it and just going back to my routine of going to work than home. Then I stumbled on your site describing your adventure through Belize, that changed my plans from a two weeker to Mazatlan to a five weeker to Belize (I’m formally belizebiker) Man that changed my life! Thanks again SV, your doing more good then you will ever know.
The chills and gut wrenching feelings are still with me when planning my cruises but I’ve learned to embrace the feelings as part of being more alive.

cavebiker screwed with this post 05-28-2004 at 11:34 AM Reason: spelling
cavebiker is offline   Reply With Quote