Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #33
California
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock

Why Mobius? It's surface forms a continuous and ongoing path. It forms interconnected links when cut down the center. It's disorienting. It's a simple concept that's hard to describe. Enough rhetoric.

The kernel of the idea of the trip started about 6 months ago. I floated the concept and fine-tuned it in a thread titled: "Dedicated trip bikes: Fly-ride-store-repeat?"
I am totally green with envy! As a geometry/architecture major, I understand the Mobius metaphor completely, and believe you may have touched on the ultimate explanation of why/how we ride. Secondly, my wife and I have been planning the same sort of ride/store/fly,repeat trip for our retirement. The only thing we're going to do differently, is, since I ride a Harley, leave the bike at an HD dealer for service, and then come back and pick it up , days, weeks, months later when it's time to resume the strip. I figure the entire trip, including time at home, will take almost a year!

Congratulations on a great theorum, a great plan, and a great ride report, so far!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is offline   Reply With Quote