View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:04 AM   #93
Dboisclair01
Dboisclair

Oddometer: 17
Phoenix to the Panama Canal - Jan 08

I completed the 7,000klm trip to the Canal in Jan of this year. If anyone wants fairly recent first-hand experience I'll pass on whatever info I can. Just bear in mind that at the time (and still) I was a VERY inexperienced rider. I only obtained my license in Aug 07, and the bike I was riding was my first bike in almost 27 years. And as much as I love my new DL650, there's still a soft spot in my heart for the 26 year old Honda I made the trip with. I guess ignorance really is bliss. In many ways the trip effected me profoundly. I'm going to re-arrange things to retire much earlier than originally planned - even if it means scaling back on expectations and working P/T - just so I can travel more and live more. I've just put in for a leave of absence next Jan so I can go back for a much more liesurely six-week trip through Mexico with my wife this time.
Cheers
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even if checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat."
Dboisclair01 is offline   Reply With Quote