View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #44
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Another obstacle

This one made me laugh:

Closer...

So the guy is clearing some trees at the side of the road. We haven't seen anyone for miles. It started to seem like the only vehicles on these roads were the occasional piece of heavy equipment that was there to keep the road open for.... what... heavy equipment to be able to ride in to keep the road open?

So we sit there for a couple of minutes waiting for him to acknowledge us, maybe stop throwing tree limbs around for a few seconds while we passed... but Noooooo.

The rig is loud, the cab is closed, maybe he's got earplugs in, I don't know. We're just out of his line of sight. We honk our horns, wave... nada. He moved forward a little on his own, and finally we just timed it, and scooted around behind him.

That was nearly the extent of our social interaction with other humans for the day.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote