Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #57
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Ozarks day 1

Just a great day of riding .

But first, I had to make a phone call. I had been keeping track of maintenance and figuring when would be a good day to stop and take care of stuff. On the list so far was LDF's sprockets & chain needed replacing, a new front tire for me, a new spare front tube, oil changes, and air filter cleaning.

I figured we could ride through the weekend, and with luck, get to Liberal, KS by monday. I called ahead to Milhon Cycle, and made sure that they had a front knobby for my bike that they would hang on to.

They did and we would pick up a front spare tube there as well. A calculated risk, but I figured if we got another front flat, plan A would be to patch it, plan B to run the spare rear tube in the front, plan C, leave the bike with the flat and the other bike gets ridden god knows how far to fetch a new tube.

[BTW, has anyone ever tried temporarily running the largest width 21" bicycle tube as a front tube on a moto? I wonder if that would work, as you could pick up one of those in almost any hardware store. ]

We'll call that plan W.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote