View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #2026
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,083
OK..What I Thought..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar
Phil, the harness that would go into the spare is short, meaining you have to tie-strap it somewhere near the anchored ring. with the harness/cable you can plug in and use your spare hidden somewhere out of harm's way? The anchored one is now, as it would have been without the cable is just on/off switch. Unless you are forgetting that we are also taping/tie-strapping the spare key to the dangling/working ring.
What I thought you did was unplug the bingo antenna, plug in your spare antenna, start the bike...unplug your spare and store it away.. and drive on...but what you plan is to leave the spare on 4 foot harnass and store it under the seat? And then pull it out to restart until you can get it to a dealer?

Wait.."taping a spare key to antenna" Why? Place spare plugged in antenna over old installed antenna, insert key, start bike, remove spare antenna to storage place...this is not a 'two keys needed' operation..one key is all you need..

Wallowa screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 09:05 AM
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote