Old 06-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #224
dyvking OP
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,268
Breakfast Sunday a

A couple of pix from breakfast at Pappy's in Santa Maria on Sunday am:

Jeff, h8chains, wallywhirled:

DarrenO and Windrat:

xcountry (John) rode down from Arroyo Grungy to join the chaos. The guys all had smiles this morning after a few hours sleep and a chance to let some of the Jocko's meal settle in a little. I think some of them were having a little trouble letting certain parts of that dinner settle more than others. Let's just say that Windrat wasn't saying NEARLY as much at breakfast as he was at dinner

Everyone pulled out of Santa Maria about 9:30 to lifting fog and the spirit of the day's coming adventure written all over their faces. It should turn out to be a great ride. From Santa Maria, they'll ride out Tepusquet Cyn to Hwy 166, then East to Cottonwood Cyn for about 50 miles of pavement. Then there's 50 miles of dirt from 166, going up to over 4000 ft. along Sierra Madre ridge and out Colson Canyon. Then back to the asphalt for another 45 miles over to Santa Ynez area for fuel. Then back to the dirt for 10 miles of Refugio Road to West Camino Cielo and out to 154 to either Cold Springs or Paradise for lunch, then over East Camino Cielo and back to reality somewhere behind Santa Barbara!

I hope those guys slow down enough to take some pictures.
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 420 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote