View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #673
sprale
Tu ne cede malis...

Oddometer: 319
My little one turned three this summer. She is a bit small for her age. I taught her to start my old Honda Cub at around 10 months. She will rev to the 13.5k limit on my bike and just grin from ear to ear! She has a little open-face helmet and sits in front of me on my Ninja. She is silent and still when riding. I watch her in my blind spot mirrors, closing her eyes and feeling the air over her face. As a baby, before she was talking much, she would see bikes in traffic and say "daddy" thinking that they were all me.

When weather is nice, we go around our neighborhood. The loop is around 3-4 miles and 30mph limit, low traffic. She gets grumpy if we don't ride every weekend. She will go to the garage and slap the tank, yelling "ride daddy's bike!" Sometimes mom hops on the back and we head to the park, that's a sight!

I can't wait until she can wrap her arms around my waist so she can ride on the back, that means longer rides! I always try to ride like she is on the bike with me, keeps me sane. She still relies on me to keep away the monsters at night...

sprale screwed with this post 06-18-2008 at 10:43 AM
sprale is offline   Reply With Quote