View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #49
losiu OP
wheelie addict

Oddometer: 577
The Durability Of The Fix

Hey guys,

I just noticed a link to this thread on a different thread (thanks) and together with a PM I got a couple of weeks ago, where I was asked about the durability of the fix, I've decided to post a few words about it here.

Well... I keep hearing different things about the durability of the fix. I posted this thread right after I did mine. The bike has been starting like new ever since. No problems at all. I also used a weird O-ring seal, as it was the only one I could find locally. Knowing the right SKF seal number, I could easily get that one but... oh well... mine turned out to be totally great too.

Pawel, who also posted lots of pics on this thread had less luck but the metal blocks in his sprague clutch were supposedly much more worn out than mine. He ended up replacing the whole unit.

I say it's a good idea to do the fix when waiting for the original part is not an option. Also, when you have access to all the tools or the price of the whole unit seems high, this is a really cheap alternative.

As i said, it totally worked for me.
Any feedback from the ones who have done it as well ???

Losiu
losiu is offline   Reply With Quote