View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Abenteuerfahrer OP
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,279
My Eyes Are My Ears: A solo journey thorough the USA and Canada by a deaf Adv rider

This is my first attempt to post a ride report. It will be a perspective from a deaf ADV rider who will report visual travels, sans sound. I may be the first culturally deaf rider who will ride the Trans-Labrador-Highway on a motorcycle. I'm retired and like most, have trouble finding people to ride with me on extensive trips. What began as a great idea one day suddenly seems to become a reality. So, with the confidence inspired by pure ignorance, I plan to launch a summer expedition to the great eastern White North. The plan is to ride leisurely through the North Eastern US into Canada and visit the following; New Brunswick; Prince Edward Island; Iles de la Madeleine; Nova Scotia; Newfoundland+ (Petit Miquelon, St. Piere Island); Labrador; transit the Trans-Labrador Highway to Baie Comeau, Quebec and on. My ride is a 1200 GS. She’s ready set to go and eager to carry me to points north. I plan on departing this week. As pictures will tell a thousand words--stay tuned. I will try to post as many as I can, subject to internet availability. I hope you enjoy my pictures and posts.
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote