View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #53
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,759
DAY FIVE

We were originally thinking about a dive way south into Nevada but spending the 2 days ripping around Fields country sort of ate up some miles. Honestly, I was kinda beat and was looking forward to an easier pace for at least one day. Plus, all the camping stuff on the bikes will definately slow us down a little.

Stihlrigg had some Husky issues, a get-off the day before and just wanted to hang out with a book at the hot springs so N2Moto, Pegz, SpongeBrad and myself decided to head back up into the mountains for a mellow tour down to Denio, NV for lunch. It was another spectacular high desert day.

These mosaic snow patterns are mesmerizing to me. I almost ate it several times looking at them instead of the track.

Rolling down this beautiful canyon through freshly leafing out aspens an young grasses poking up in the road was very enjoyable.

Blue and yellow bike in a blue and yellow (and green) world.

Couldnít remember exactly where we were until I saw this little landmark.

Got all turned around up here once and spent the bigger part of a day hitting deadends at private, gated, signed properties in Nevada. Not today though, we put this together nice and easy.

This didnít suck.

The last break before we drop out of the cool mountain air. N2Moto spied this crazy dam. Iíd never seen this before.

Down out of the mountains into the desert heat.

We rolled into Denio for lunch and fuel. This gas stop will have to get us through our route in Nevada to Adel, OR.

Itís kinda busy, thereís all kinds of bikes stopping in here today.

We said goodbye to N2Moto and he pulled this gigantic wheelie up the highway on his way back to his rig. It was cool but I wish he was continuing the ride with us. At least we talked SpongeBrad into tagging along. Thereíre 2 more days of stuff I want to show these guys.

This road is all up hill for several miles and is an absolute gas. Super fun waterbar airs and nicely laid out contoured corners.

Crappy light right now but the rocks up in here are really cool.

We called this ĎAlpen Campí. I think we were near 7000í just above a small reservoir and surprisingly, there were no mosquitos.

Nice sunset.

Another full moon, I slept like a mummy this night.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is online now   Reply With Quote