View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #57
StihlRigg
Dog Farkler

Oddometer: 519
Jeez, now I'm way behind.

Catching up,

We start out day three with this great desert crossing over some mtns that are all rocky and gnarly. Lot's of 2nd gear riding, but then we come out into the bottomland on these hardpack playa roads that are super high speed if you want it.

Here we are at the crossroads getting on the high speed stuff.

The goods, quite dusty; we had to spread way out.

Pegz

Spongebrad

Wox

First viewpoint after the tough climb--all rocks.
Fixin the pegs on the 610

Going up there, what an amazing ride so far.

Smelled like a flowershop,

So, yeah I had a pretty big getoff right before we found the little trail that connected the two roads thru the little canyon where the blast furnace was.
I was going down this soft hill and my rear wheel hit a rock just right and I sailed into the air like I was riding a bull. I swear my legs were over my head at one point. I was going real slow so I somehow landed on my feet next to the bike and at the same time was full on whiskey throttle down the hill. I new if I let go my bike wouldn't stop till it hit the bottom of the canyon. I held on for all I was worth and bulldogged the bike into the dirt. Unfortunately I nailed a rock with the top of my knee, and another on my hip bone. I am always ATTGAT so I come out ok with only a few scrapes and bruises.

Here's a few shots of the connector trail.
Going down

Going back up.
I'm standing next to the road where the connector trail meets up.
Wox

N2moto

N2moto heading up the old road.

Worth it, supposed to be a panorama.

more..
"Did you hit him? You shoulda hit him, right in the throat. How dare he. Next time someone expresses concern for my well-being while i'm sprawled out in a public place, i'm gonna pull out their tongue and use it to paint my boat, and then i'm coming for their family."--SinFrenas

07 Husky SMR510
06 950s
06 Husky TE450
90 KX500
04 SDG mini

StihlRigg screwed with this post 06-24-2008 at 05:34 PM
StihlRigg is offline   Reply With Quote