View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #104
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,979
Ok, after seeing the damage Shawn did with the aftermarket Exhaust, I decided to finally do my Stock exhaust core test......

Instead of hacking the end cap off, I thought it might be easier to make a small incision under the end cap to allow the saw-zall blade enough room to
saw the witches snout off

Add Saw-zall with Lazer blade........

Once you get a nice straight line started, it happens pretty quick.....

Now its time to snip the snout off by inserting the saw zall blade into our nice clean slot.....

The Key is to start slowly and watch the throw of the blade in the saw. If your not carefull, you'll bang the top of the cone up by whacking it with the blade tip. Fortunately for me, I'm a saw-zal master and made a nice clean cut

Now we drag out the big hardware to burn a hole in the muffler, so we can remove the inner core.....

The hole saw is a 1 7/8" with the pilot bit removed. If you use the lower part of the tail pipe(big tail pipe) as a guide you can start the hole on the top first and then pivot the hole saw down to finish the hole. Trying to start the hole saw square is impossible.... it will walk all over the place!

If you're carefull and take your time, it should look like this....

This is what you'll pull out.......

This is the pic from my old beat up test exhaust, but its the same idea.

Results of the test.....

Sound is much better and more thumper like without being obnoxious and Harley like. It actually reminds me of what my 2000 640 ADV sounded like after I did the Creeper core mod. I took her down the road and noticed a HUGE improvement in throttle responds and down low power. I was back to roll on wheelies from a rolling start

Thank you for tuning in to Cranky core 5000