View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #75
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyWinks
I buy Nature Valley Granola bars at Sam's, I can't remember what I pay for the big box of 70 oats and honey bars but it is cheap. Also the Austin brand peanutbutter and cheese crackers in a box of 45 packs is about 10 cents a pack. I can live for days on these things. They pack easy, don't spoil, and are water proof.
In my experience, the Nature Valley bars and the crackers turn into crumbs long before I eat them all. That's why I prefer the chewy style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viola-tor
I tried getting a can of Kidney beans that had chili seasoning in it off the shelf. Pryed it open, poured it on tortillias and really enjoyed it, 59 cents plus the tortillias... no mess either, I HATE cleaning up dishes when camping. I think I'm gonna start going with corn tortillias because they are a little smaller (for packing). Anyone know if they are slightly better for you than flour? Seems like I remember hearing that, but it could be total BS...
That's a great idea. I've done the same with a few slices of bread and some pork and beans. As for corn tortillas, the reason I don't like to travel with them is because they're brittle. Before long you have a bag of chips rather than tortillas. Flour tortillas are bendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatocity
Sweet & Salty Nut, Peanut

Chewy Trail Mix, Fruit & Nut (almond, Raisin, Peanut & Cranberry)

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote