View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
bpeckm OP
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,641
60/6 Cafe project, Or, be glad you didn't find this on YOUR project

It all started innocently enough, talking with a friend after I had ridden his 75/5, and he had ridden my 50/2.... Both of them gorgeous bikes that we had taken up to Vech's place in MS in late April for his Vintage BMW Rally.

My 16 year old son had just gotten his endorsement, and it would be fun to have two bikes that we could ride together, and .... wouldn't it be fun to do a cafe....

Didn't want to "ruin" a beautiful and original bike, and since I have a mostly original /2 with some personal touches, we wanted to find a bike that would not offend the purists of the world. And so began the look for something in the '70s, preferably.........My friend told one of his friends, who had heard of an old bike, and did I want to take a look at it with him? He called the next day, said it invovled way over what he wanted to tackle, but the price was right... (mid 3 figures).... could we see it in an hour and by the way he would bring his pickup and we could throw it in the back and take it home.

This is me and Randy on the Natchez Trace on that fateful day
Attached Images

bpeckm screwed with this post 07-17-2008 at 04:56 PM Reason: Title change
bpeckm is offline   Reply With Quote