View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #62
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
It's not so much of a problem now with water cooled bikes, but an old CHP officer said that after they instituted the "not illegal" policy they had fewer bikes dying in the middle of the freeways in the summer in Southern California. A dead bike in the freeway can be more of a menace than a dead car.

I still prefer splitting in town when the cars are all trapped by a light. And I still prefer it on the scooter.

BTW... a lot of two wheel oriented countries like Japan, France, England, etc. all filter. In England the traffic is so bad no one goes over 20mph in London anyway, but filtering is so efficient that motorcycle limos are used by Virgin Airlines. France? They'll use the sidewalk if the street is one way and they need the street one block back. I played dodge 'em in Paris.

In America cage owners get huffy if you don't wait your turn. I tell them they are warm/cool, have a nice stereo and can sip a latte while the wait. I get to freeze/broil, listen to everyone else's stereo all at once and breathe fumes. Trade off I guess.

qwiksilver screwed with this post 07-19-2008 at 09:30 AM
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote