View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #17
Molgan
nub

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
1. Rear flappers, numberplate and all tail fell off. And I think if I understood correctly rear part of frame (subframe?) cracked.
I had to fasten the numberplate once since it almost came off because of vibrations, so yes there is a problem. Gonna replace the whole plastic thing with a smaller alu thing when I get the custom exhaust. Had a look at the subframe and it looks really solid, can't belive he managed to crack it. But stranger things have happened.
Quote:
2. Exhaust link pipe-header cracked and broke on left side under pillion
It's a big blob of an exhaust and it vibrates so not impossible. Once again glad I'm replacing it. =)
Quote:
3. Rear wheel rim cracked
Reckless driving!
Quote:
4. Front fender cracked in few places
Weird. Getting a high fender anyway.
Quote:
5. Footpegs - something was up with them, not sure what...he said it in Dutch and I missed it
I think they are too short and I took the rubber off after a few kilometers because it didn't feel safe. Someone mentioned they could easily be replaced with WR ribbed foot pegs so I'll try that.
Quote:
6. Even when front fender was OK on water crossings or in heavy rain water was getting straight under front mask and under headlight and literally spraying in his face from hole under headlight. He said it needs small flapper on front forks under mask.
Yep, discovered that too. Hope the OTR high fender helps a bit.
Quote:
7. Side stand have tendency to fold and you need to be very accurate and unfold it all the way.
Yep! Second day after I bought it I slammed it to the ground, had the jacket, raincover and helmet on me and didn't see that the side stand returned. Felt kind of stupid.

Good points, and yep I guess Yamaha will see to it until next season. Must remember that these test drivers are supposed to drive the bike to it's death so things are supposed to break. =) I'm still incredibly happy with the bike and I guess I will stick to it for a long time. And you are correct that this maybe should be in the TenerÚ thread, a lot of people would be interested. Could also be posted here:
http://www.xt660.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Quote:
Other guys did let me see how Big should really be ridden in forrests and truly rough terrain....By God they were quick!
Yes it's a lot up to the rider what the bike can do, seen some crazy stunts pulled off with the 800, some was even intentional.

Molgan screwed with this post 07-22-2008 at 09:13 AM
Molgan is offline   Reply With Quote