View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #22
Katoom119 OP
Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheedle
Next time Im up in the area for a weekend youll have to show me around some more
Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman spiff
I love that part of the country. as sort of an off topic aside, you having a biology degree and access to all that water around there---ever see any/many cottonmouths or rattlesnakes as you tramp down to check out "the smell of water"?? I hate snakes and that alone woul dkeep me in the middle of the gravel road, and it looks plenty wild enough to have a lot of them living there.
It's really weird what you see sometimes. I haven't seen a live snake in who knows how long but a couple of dead ones on the road though means they're still here. Most of the places I go are trails and because of that there's not a lot of cover in the heat of the day. Around water you have to be a bit more careful but that's just like anywhere, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1gunman
be careful about guerrilla camping in rhodadendron gardens. the bears get curious
The last two years there's been a sow with two cubs around Shady Valley. First time we saw them a cub was in the middle of the road as two of us come hauling ass on our motards. First thing I thought of was "Oh shit where's momma?" By the end of last year one cub would chase after us on our bikes, sort of like a dog chases cars.

5 Cylinders vs. Moab..........My East Tennessee.........Internships may go to Hell and I will go to Alaska
Katoom119 is offline   Reply With Quote