View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
BikePilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,171
What I did this summer - a 9,000 mile ride report

As many of you know I've been attending law school in MA and finished my first year this spring. I was born in Denver, but my parents moved to the DC area when I was quite young. I always wanted to return and love the outdoors and mountains. An opportunity came up for me to spend half the summer in Denver working for a judge and I jumped on it. At first I thought I was going to be bikeless and have to fly out (tight schedule between finals and work, probably not enough time to ride the DR250 out or retrieve the TL from storage in VA and get it preped for the ride). Then, my dad happened across a low millage 919 for nearly nothing on his local craigs list. He went to look at it right away and rode off with it just before two other guys showed up to buy it. He offered it to me for the summer and I took, oh about .00000000001 seconds to say YES!

Once finals were done I flew down to FL to hang with my parents for a week and finish up some school stuff and then made my way out to Denver for a 6-week internship and as much riding as I could squeeze in.

Also, as it happened, when I was moving from my house in VA to a tiny apartment in Cambridge, I had to put a lot of stuff in storage. I was running out of room and a fellow from another forum offered to baby-sit my CR250R. My local dealership was able to crate the CR up and send it to him for very little money so off the bike went. As luck woudl have it, this fine fellow lived just outside Denver. So now I'd be equipped with both a 919 and a CR250R

Now, back to the Denver thing. It was unpaid and I had no cash, but really wanted to be in Denver for the summer. I posted up a thread seeking advice on cheap housing in the Rockies forum and several inmates offered their spare rooms Things worked out for me to stay at Casey's place which was absolutely fantastic. I really don't think I could have pulled this whole thing off without his generosity and the support of the Rockies Advrider crew. I'm also ultra-grateful to Malcolm in Shreveport for feeding me and putting me up for the night on my way from FL to Denver and to Allen in SD for riding with me and playing the part of moto-tour guide in the Black Hills of SD.

While in FL we did a little dirt biking at Croom.

stay tuned...

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703

BikePilot screwed with this post 01-03-2009 at 02:25 PM
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote