View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,178
The A95 reached it's end of lifespan (~2 years) just before the trip, so I got's no money.

I'll just chime in as needs be... so, it was great to finally meet you Zen, and good to see you again vrago and meet your friend - screen name? (wheeling a Tenere out of a rocky creek - nice!) Thanks for riding up Wyman Canyon with me, and sorry I had to skip the station (no beaver, no way ) and go directly down Silver Canyon.

Wow, what a view from the top of Silver Canyon! Then a pretty tedious rocky and steep descent (kept me from enjoying the views). The water crossings on Silver Canyon were a tad deeper than Wyman, but not what I was expecting based on previous chatter. I was expecting a river, but they were still just pooled creek crossings. Perfect for cooling down after a steep descent.

Then I bombed up to Tioga Gas Mart for some fish tacos then over Tioga and home. From the top Wyman Canyon on White Mountain to home was 6.5 hours, with a half for a late lunch and fill up at Lee Vining. I slept good last night.

I should probably not wait for this one: it was great to finally meet ya Stonewall and I had a good time hanging out with you on Saturday. Thanks for the help too. My sandwich was damn good - must remember that cafe. I'll save further comments for when those folks show up.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote