View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
AHRMA17L
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
AHRMA17L aka as Juanito

So, fast forward to 12:30 that night, after great food and maybe a little too much beer, it is time to go to bed. Were were getting up in four and a half hours.

5:00 a.m. came way too early. We geard up an rode over to the Chevron to meet Jim. Jim was there and there was also some other guy there on one of those new WR250 dual sport machines. It is not uncommon for new people to show up where we are meeting and come riding with us, and I thought this was the case, but nope, just Greg, Jim and I.

It was kind of cold out and we decided that is was a good idea to make haste out to Christmas Valley. The last thing we wanted to do was be out at night 50 miles from Cedarville. Usually, it takes us about 5 hours to get there on a standard “CV Burger Run” but we weren’t on the scenic route and I think we were there in about 2 hours.

Jim, the Stroupdog on the left, and Greg (LiesureClub) on the right.

Here's a little better of the picture of the fog in the valle East of us at out first of several "warm up" stops.

Brand new Kenda Carlsbad tire, mounted in the "intermediate" direction. At this point the traction this tire give is nothing short of phenominal. I had heard some positive reviews for it's use as a Baja tire. Maybe a new favorite tire? We'll see how it holds up on the trip.

At the Fire Look Out on Green Mountain (?)

Mainline forest service roads and some fast fireroads got us out there in about 2 hours. 2.5 gallons of gas, and a Little Debbie’s Apple Pie and we were out of there for Fandango Raod. This was good since I hadn’t ever been where we were going.

Ready to go after "gas" and breakfast at the Christmas Valley Store. I think we had traveled 86 or 99 miles to this point.

Now, is is time to do the Fandango!!

www.BendDualSport.com

"Look...My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times.

"Does anyone know where there is a taco stand? A beer and a taco stand, that's what I need." Mouse McCoy, Dust to Glory.

AHRMA17L screwed with this post 08-04-2008 at 06:29 PM
AHRMA17L is offline   Reply With Quote