View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #43
Tury
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Great person !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot
By the way, this just wasn't only a pleasure trip. The Motodiscovery gang billed this as dual-sport adventure training, off-road. Ergo, they went out and found a true legend in motorcyclling, a luminary that many inmates might recognize.

Here is his photo:

Of course, that's me on the left and the legend on the right. I am a legend too, but only in my own mind. Anyone recognize who this is????

We've been asked not to post photos of the actual training sessions online, so there won't be any of those.

However, anyone who has been on the road from Creel to Batopilas knows what lurks, and thus the need for expert insights as provided by "The Man".

Or how about this one on the way to The Valley of the Monks:

As a result of all that our teacher threw at us, we were pretty zonked by the end of every day of off-road training.

Have you figured out who our "Professor" was??? Here is another shot, this time of him sitting on his Ural side-car rig (which he drove to Batopilas!):

Thats his Ural with a sidecar that he's had to ride since overcoming a serious accident. His determination and drive were as much an inspiration to us all as was the fantastic level of training he provided us all. We definitely came away far better off - and on - road riders that before we arrived in Creel.

Any guesses?
Mr.R.Coach
Tury is offline   Reply With Quote