View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Oddometer: 995
Buffalo Bill riding the Oregon Trail to Oregon City..and Beyond..

The idea for this ride was simple....I needed to be in Oregon for a family reunion. Once in Oregon, I would pick up Buffalo Patty at the Portland Airport, and we would ride to the reunion, and then have about six days to spend around central and western oregon...Then I would have to ride back home .Sweet....Another ride....

With all the honey does done, I grabbed a map, loaded the bike and tried to figure a route...Having traveled from NEbraska to Oregon many times, I had done almost every option...

In traveling this route, I was very aware that the most direct route is along the Oregon Trail, so what if I road my Iron Horse along that route to Oregon City, Oregon...Sounds good....Lincoln, Nebraska to Oregon City just like the pioneers...

The timing of this ride will also connect with an annual event on the Oregon Trail in Glenns Ferry Idaho.. This is the location where the Trail crosses the mighty Snake River...The second weekend in August every year hundreds of horses, mules, oxen, and wagons converge on the river to re-enact the crossing.....Having been to the crosssing location and spent time at the Three Mile Island interpretive center several times, I had still never been there during the crossing weekend. This will be a highlight on the ride for me....

Big Dog in the Man Cave.....

Having just watched the Long Way Down last week. I now understand how a ride is supposed to start...So I call a few of my local riding buds and had my own pre-ride send off..

Hey Charlie and Ewen......Eat your heart out...

Buffalo Patty is not happy that her vacation account will not allow her to be on the entire ride....

In true adventurer style she salutes the ride...

With the send off complete, I will be on the Oregon Trail at O Dark Thirty in the morning..

See ya on the Trail...

Buffalo Bill screwed with this post 08-19-2008 at 06:40 AM Reason: adding photo
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote