View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #9
AZ-Twin OP
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,317
Day 4

Day 4

Saturday was another beautiful day in Paonia. Friday night was pretty fun and I probably had a few too many beers so I had a bit of a hangover, which was no big deal. A good breakfast and some coffee fixed me right up. I went on a ride with my brother and his friend Craig. Craig is an excellent photographer and I know him through another board my brother and I are both on. My brother has recently taken up photography as a hobby so the mission for the day was to go find some good things to take pictures of. Keep in mind that I am using a Kodak P&S camera on this trip (which is malfunctioning) so the pictures are less than I would like them to be. I have since purchased a Nikon DSLR and am looking forward to my next trip to take some better pictures to share.

We left Paonia and rode west to Hotchkiss, then north from Austin through Grand Mesa which was beautiful. Unfortunately we got rained on some (more water in my boots) and picture taking was not the best. Also where we stopped mosquitoes were carrying us away. We snapped some pictures, then decided to pack up and head for the desert to take some pictures of red rocks.

Craig takes some magnificent pictures of the desert as he lives in Moab Utah, and is an amazing photographer. Bill wanted to try his hand at photographing red rocks, and I just wanted to ride. So we left in the rain and headed north to I-70, then we took the slab to Grand Junction and ventured into the Colorado national Monument. This is a beautiful park with lots of great views. Again if you don’t like heights, be careful as there are sections of road with no guard rail, and if you go off, you will most definitely fall to your death. Here are a few pictures I took.

After the park we headed back to Paonia on US 50. Not much of a day on paper as I write it, but the riding was wonderful, and the experience was one I will remember for a lifetime. It is not often I get to spend time with my brother as we live 1300 miles apart. Family time on motorcycles is good.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is online now   Reply With Quote