View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #11
rider1150gsadv OP
Fl Keys Fishing Guide

Oddometer: 5,911
Talking

Thanks guys!!

Well lets see here so the pannier was fixified for now , we had a bike sharing a room , and met cool folks on the way .

July the 3rd was a dusty day of 217 miles in AR. On the way we met a really cool guy named Owen. He has a workshop with huge equipment and is willing to lend a hand if any more TAT riders stop by. He can weld.... . Owen may actually have a sign up by now too.
Now I forgot where exactly he is located, but believe me you can't miss the barn, as it is genormous. John has pics I am sure.....

We met many locals who were all wondering why the bikes they saw, were only going one way. We explained the TAT to them and now they understand and will keep an eye out too..Again, lots of friendly folks out there too.

We stopped for lunch at a neat bridge.
John checking it out.

The "local"

In the PM we did a watercrossing to wash of the dust....

John going thru 'deep' water....

And I also let my bike rest in it's natural position after the rear tire slipped of a rock....
That by the way was a steep piece of road and it doesn't show well here.
It was a precursor of what was to come the next day.....

This was the second and also the last time I dropped it while riding the rest of the trip. Might as well get that part over with sooner than later right??... After all we had no idea what would be in store for us the following day..... .

Stay tuned.....

rider1150gsadv screwed with this post 08-10-2008 at 01:36 PM
rider1150gsadv is offline   Reply With Quote