View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 03:53 AM   #15
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,277
There isn't a lot I can say about the BMW & one else really can either.
You are comparing a race horse w/ a mule. That mule has changed in the 08 mod.
There are still some serious areas that need addressing. I honestly think I will put a 685 kit on mine & be done w/ the oil burning issue of the 08. This kit has been around for a few years and has proven itself to be not just more power at riding speeds but w/ a lighter piston it has really smoothed out the big single. I too have ridden the TAT & ate up my 17 rear tire. That can be replaced at several places to a more common 18 if you are that concerned. Kawi dealerships are world wide. They sell trucks too.
You may want to go to an 18 up front too. The klr is a tractor of a bike. That may be why there is such a huge following. That 34.7hp at the rear wheel is pure grit. I earlier rode a 96 aka A10 klr, it is now carrying a good riding buddy around & still runs strong & keeps up w/ my 08. You may find support from riders all over the world so don't rule that network out either. Be sure to put the thickest tubes in your tires & always use Ride-On for the best flat protection. Here too you can get your rims sealed to use tubless tires as well. Let me know if you require anything in NE FL.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote