View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #57
woodsrider

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJak
Anyone know if you can get the Akra slip-on separate from the full system? Might be cheaper, and get rid of the cat w/ associated heat problems at the same time.
Loren
Loren, I would do as boejangles recommends and put your name in the hat at Scuderia. The Akras will undoubtedly sell out fast, even at their lofty price point. Here's a close-up of the Akra slip-on; it is mounted on the stock header. There are no mounting issues; it goes right on. Akra includes a spring and clamp that the stock setup does not have.

The Akra is not extremely loud, particularly at low throttle, but I wish it was quieter. It has a nice, throaty sound at idle as compared with the 'sewing machine' sound of the stock unit. The Akra has the USFS-Spark Arrestor markings; that's an added plus for those of us that frequent forest service roads. As with all Akra products, the fit and finish are exceptional. The carbon end cap is a nice touch.

This is not a real good pic of the Akra, but you can also see the retro-fitted Euro rear fender dropdown and LED tail light. I had both parts shipped from a European KTM dealer.

I also ordered the Akra/KTM Hard Parts carbon header guards and mounted them on the stock header:

1997.5 KTM 200LE Jackpiner
'75 Bultaco 250 Alpina (M137)

woodsrider screwed with this post 08-19-2008 at 07:02 AM
woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote