View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #52
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,474
It works great. Unlike low price focused brands, REV'IT! cares about crash worthiness of their gear. They use expensive high end fabrics such as DuPont Cordura, DuPont Kevlar, Schoeller Dynatec and Schoeller Keprotec. These materials were developed in laboratories with crashing in mind. If there were better materials on the market, REV'IT! would use them.

There is also this new "ceramic" material called SuperFabric, it could be found on Cayenne Pro jacket and pants. SuperFabric® technology is an advanced process that transforms ordinary fabrics into unique, highly protective materials. Protective shields are applied close to each other but remain separate to allow maximum flexibility. Those micro guard plates provide an additional layer of protection without adding weight and will help resist abrasion to underlying fabrics. SuperFabric® is 5 times more abrasion resistant than leather with only half the weight.

Hopefully I answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybeard555
I have read a lot about the Rev'it clothing, and the impact resistance of the SAS-TEC® CE protection sounds great. However, I have seen nothing about how well the clothing prevents road rash and allows you to slide across the road surface. I can't find anythin on the Rev'It site about it. I have heard a lot of horror stories about what happens when cloth meets the road.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 08-24-2008 at 12:40 AM
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote