View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #37
RTW Motorcycling OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie
RTW
It looks like you got a interesting windscreen set up, what exactly did you do to it? cheers
Hey Blackie,

How are things in cowtown and how's the new bike?

The windscreen as I mentioned is a adaptation as there was nothin gelse but worked infinitely better on highway than just the stcok screen. Kappa screen, cut to fit the hedalight, drilled some holes and bolted over to stock screen with a couple of spacers in between. I looked ok enough that I would run this set up around the city and just velcro on the laminar lip for long highway trips. If someone made a mad stad bracket for it, I would also buy that.

I would say to anyone that my favourite set up for world touring includes a laminar lip because you leave it on for highway and take it off for the off road stuff. The velcro works ok, but can get flattened so next time I will make my own quick release.

The wrap around tabs on the screen may make something like a mad stad too hard to fit, but this is additional solution where you can tilt your screen, and lower it for off road riding to see better and tilt and slide it up to catch more wind.

RTW Motorcycling is offline   Reply With Quote