View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:51 PM   #39
blackie
Still Hibernating

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW Motorcycling
Hey Blackie,

How are things in cowtown and how's the new bike?

The windscreen as I mentioned is a adaptation as there was nothin gelse but worked infinitely better on highway than just the stcok screen. Kappa screen, cut to fit the hedalight, drilled some holes and bolted over to stock screen with a couple of spacers in between. I looked ok enough that I would run this set up around the city and just velcro on the laminar lip for long highway trips. If someone made a mad stad bracket for it, I would also buy that.

I would say to anyone that my favourite set up for world touring includes a laminar lip because you leave it on for highway and take it off for the off road stuff. The velcro works ok, but can get flattened so next time I will make my own quick release.

The wrap around tabs on the screen may make something like a mad stad too hard to fit, but this is additional solution where you can tilt your screen, and lower it for off road riding to see better and tilt and slide it up to catch more wind.
Cowtown's playing with crazy fluctuating temperatures right now, frying one day freezing another. The new bike's been a hoot. I couldn't wait another 5 months for the 800 on top of the 5 months already waited for the 650 so I grabbed that one first but no regrets perfect bike for me.

Thanks for the info on the screen! I've got the BMW touring screen coming and I've been thnking of adding a laminar lip to that and now I'm sold!
I'm also looking at the Saeng Wingtip as another choice and trying to decide between the two arrggghhh decision decision decisions....

Thanks for the write ups and replies!!!