View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #57
TR5ESU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTW Motorcycling
Hey Ernesto,

Congrats on your new bike! They are great for making you plan the next big trip. How cool would that be to ride from tip to tip and end up in your hometown?

That is one sharp eye you have there, that is just outside Ushuaia beside the entrance to the park. Must warm your heart to see the old stomping ground. I was looking at some old pics and man, that city has changed over the years. Here's a pic north of Ushuaia on Ruta 3.

I'm too lazy to actually write a blog, although I keep telling myself I should. As you get closer to your dream trip, feel free to e-mail at anytime and I'd be happy to chat about all the fun stuff like routes, things to see in the north and where the most beautifuk women are:) You are lucky though, Argentina is one of those special places in the world, a wonderful place to be from.

Hi RTW, thanks again for answering all the questions, many of the questions I had have been asked by others already. I have thousands of questions regarding the trip but I don't want to post "off topic"!.
Reading that someone has done such a trip on the F800GS makes the dream a much more feasible one! And it takes away any doubts I had about whether I had bought the right bike or not.

Thanks for the pic (did get to see any "guanacos" around there? They normally stay close to the route around that area). I have traveled (with my family) from the bottom of Argentina to the top every year since I was born for about 19 years, sometimes in winter too as you did, so I know the "Ruta 3" quite well. I enjoy it so much that the last time I went back home I took 2 out of the 3 weeks I had to travel north by car.

I wonder whether you suffered/enjoyed Route 3 all the way through the desertic Eastern Patagonia or you took the more mountainous and picturesque Route 40. As I mentioned in other forum, seeing so many riders arrive to Ushuaia after thousands of miles on the bike was a great factor in deciding to buy a bike like the F800GS and I am sure you are helping a lot of people decide for it too!

Ernesto
TR5ESU is offline   Reply With Quote