View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #95
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Colleagues, I am happy to report that we just came back from our tour to Norway...10 days alltogether, me + my wife + luggage, 800 km through Germany (motorways), 350 through Denmark (motorways, boooring), ferry (that's 2 days wasted to and 2 days back) before reaching Norway. Approximately 2500-2700 km in Norway in 6 days on different, mostly small and badly damaged roads.
DR did fine, except that cheap bolt I used to tie gear lever on shaft snapped and I lost gear lever somewhere on German motorway 300 km from home. That'll teach me to watch what materials I use when working on bike. Replaced with more-less suitable gear pedal from Kawasaki dealrship nearby...lost 2 hours.
And another thing - for some reason this time my DR used a lot of oil for 5000 km. Was not the case right before, but before I did not ride it 2-up + 30 kg luggage for 5000 km. Not sure why. No smoke, no loss of power, no nothing...not sure where oil goes. Perhaps a lot of lane splitting in still traffic in Germany to blame. Now bike is at 86000+ km on the clock 10 000 + of which are mine. Going to monitor it a bit. Next time we will go straight to northern Norway as this time we rode lots of roads just up to halfway between Bergen and Trondheim. In a word: it was great and I like northern and mountain parts better than fjords.
Im very Jelious , would be cool to see some pics,
You didnt happen to change the brand of oil you used before you left.
What were your oil consumption Figures
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote